December 16, 2008

It's about bloody time!

I have my BlackBerry 8110 back. Finally.

When we first got to Malaysia we took our phones to a shop to have them sim-unlock the phones and/or flash to Chinese language able software.

Siew's phone was easy. They did it for 80RM and it was set. About a day, I think it was, to finish.

My phone, however, proved to be difficult for them. It took them 2.5 weeks to make it work, but they didn't unlock the phone. Instead they used a sim-bypass chip for the sim card itself.

This worked until we made our trip to KL. Then it stopped.

When we got back they said that it happens sometimes when they use this method. We argued with them about how long it would last this way.

I didn't pay them to bypass. I paid them to unlock the phone.

The senior tech, asshole that he is, came out scolding us and his coworkers, taking none of the blame for what he himself had worked on!

They took the phone back to unlock it. They did nothing. We wanted our money back. We went to get the money and I noticed that the phone's housing was scratched up badly and even melted from exposure to excess heat! I would have taken the phone and the money back if the asshole would have just apologized but he wouldn't. I wouldn't tell him what I wanted either. I shouldn't have had to. They damaged the phone AND didn't make it work. I could have sold the phone on ebay, but the scratches prevent that from happening for the price I could have asked.

We managed to get him to give us the number of someone above him and complained to him directly. He said he'd take care of things.

3 weeks and more later I have my phone back, with scratches unfortunately, UNLOCKED correctly.

It only took them almost 2 months to unlock my phone.

Hopefully, now, it has no other problems from their "care."

Oh, I contacted my previous phone company about the phone and asked for the unlock code. They said they'd get it. Later I got an e-mail from them saying either the phone'd be unlocked or because the phone had been reported lost (another story) they couldn't provide the unlock code.

Apparently it was because it had been unlocked already.

It's nice to have my phone instead of a crappy lender phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment