March 17, 2009

Batu Ferringhi

We, at my request, went to Batu Ferringhi the night before last.

I did not have any real purpose other than to look at the stalls selling "stuff" to tourists.

They had interesting things there the last time I was there.

This time I was a bit disappointed. I noticed the same thing there that I have seen everywhere else recently.

Everyone has the same stuff for sale. Watches, clothes, toys, sunglasses, purses, et cetera. This is fine for tourists, but I am not a tourist.

I had hoped to find a place selling stun-guns or swords. I saw one place with wooden swords and another with 2 expanding batons, but that was it.

Siew's mother bought a few small purses, I assume she wants to distribute them to her daughters. I happened to spy some wire-puzzles that we purchased.

These wire-puzzles are alright, some are the very easy type, others are impossible due to poor construction. Those are supposed to have a piece that can be weaved through rings, however the way it should be weaved through is too wide to work. I will have to compress that portion of the pieces in order for the puzzle to be solvable. One of the puzzles is correctly made to do this, the rest are in need of alteration.

I also saw some iron exercise balls. The type that you hold in your hand and move in circles. I was pleasantly surprised by the prices. 20 Ringgit for the larger types and 9 for the smaller. Normally I am used to seeing the small ones for 10-20 USD and the larger for 20-30! Later I may buy a set, but I am not sure if it's worth-while or not.

Well, off to shower so I can go to work, even though I really, really, really feel like being a bum and staying home to do pretty much nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment