May 18, 2009

The marry month of May

Last night we attended Yau's wedding dinner. Previously Siew was pregnant so we could not go to the other parts of Yau's wedding.

What? Siew was pregnant? I have not told about that.

Siew was pregnant. A home pregnancy test confirmed so we went to the doctor to have her checked.

His prognosis was not very auspicious. He did not say anything to inspire hope in us for this child. After 2 weeks time we went back and he still could not find a heartbeat. Additionally, in those 2 weeks the fetus grew from 3.2mm to 3.67mm. I am not a doctor, but I know that in 2 weeks time a fetus of this age should grow a lot more than this.

So, Siew had to have surgery to remove the not-living not-growing fetus.

I spent a rough 12 hours in the hospital. I am a worry-wort, especially when anything concerning Siew's well-being is involved.

She came out of the operation just fine and seems to be healthy mentally and physically.

So, back to Yau's wedding dinner.

Yau's husband looked very happy that night. I had never seen him so animated. I was very happy for him. I never got to talk with Yau herself.

I know that Yau had wanted a garden ceremony. However mother nature was not inclined to allow this. She sent clouds and rain to chase everyone inside. This created some chaos as all of the guests and buffet dinner were ushered inside by the staff.

Yau and her husband had vows, I think that is what they had, but the layout inside did not lend anything towards hearing what they said, as well as me not understanding enough Chinese.

This wedding dinner did not make me depressed as others have, but I have had so much on my mind that I do not think much could faze me much. . . that is until my mother dropped a bomb of an e-mail.

That is another post however.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Siews pregnancy. I'm glad that she is ok.

    ReplyDelete