May 30, 2009

New Work

Well, my interview at one school was successful. They want me to teach English. I applied for IT Lecturer. :-P

They want me to work full-time and made a firm offer. The offer is lower than what others have offered. Part-time they would be paying me more per hour than ELS.

If I work full-time I have less time to try getting students gathered to earn more money that way. Also the teaching hours in a week maximum would be 24 hours. Since the work hours are 9-6 with an hour lunch. . . that means I would have a minimum of 2 hours of time I have to remain at the school with not as much to do. It gets worse if I have less than 24 teachings hours for a week. I could easily end up with a lot of wasted time sitting at the school with nothing to do.

I opted for part-time. I won't get as much money overall, but I can opt to transition to full-time later if I want. That will give me more time to get things going to teaching younger students and make more money.

Long-term it makes more sense for me to teach privately. I can earn more potentially.

Part-time, for my rationalization, gives me the needed flexibility to get my own things going as well as giving me a slower immersion into this particular school's environment instead of a sudden dousing that may be overwhelming for me.

Siew, I feel, is not happy with my choice. I think she wants me to work full-time. I would really prefer to transition into it, or better transition out of it and into full-time private. Her mood towards me today has suddenly cooled a lot. My attempts to breach this have failed. I do not want her to feel this way.

Sorry honey, I love you.

1 comment: