February 11, 2010

Bujinkan

Holy crap!

When I was a kid I wanted to be the following things:

An Army-man
A paleontologist
A scientist
A kung-fu man
A ninja

When I was younger I pursued the art of making ninja weapons. I scrounged garbage can and metal scraps, harvested certain plants, etc. All in the pursuit of making ninja weapons.

I made some pretty crazy stuff from all kinds of items. I guess I can say I am kind of like the MacGuyver of improvised weaponry.

When I was 17 I joined the Army. That turned out to be utter CRAP.

I have not done the others, and have not the interest in doing them anymore. . . except for the martial arts part.

Well, I did some looking and I found someone who teaches Bujinkan (taijutsu, koppojutsu, etc. A.K.A. ninjutsu!) here in Kuala Lumpur.

I was excited, but concerned about the cost.

I expected that the cost would be about 500 Ringgit per month. Well, it is a LOT less than that.

I hope that I am not let down. I am going to join the class started at the end of this month.

I will be attending the class on Saturdays only. I can practice what I learn on my own on the days in between and, in a few years, I can start to think of achieving a crazy childhood dream! I will become a ninja.

I have talked to Timm about joining, and surprisingly, he is interested in joining the class.

I am very excited about this. I have not studied a martial art, in a class, for a really really long time and this is an opportunity that I have never had before!

No comments:

Post a Comment