February 11, 2010

Hard drives suck

I got my replacement drive from Seagate.

The replacement started to have problems. I have since changed the drive to basic and it SEEMS to be ok at this point in time.

However! My 1TB drive has stopped working!

How the heck am I supposed to make a backup if none of the drives work?!

Seagate is going to try flashing the firmware to another version that will, in theory, make the drive function correctly. After that I can make a backup and hope that the drives last.

There needs to be a storage medium that has a high-capacity, is not volatile, and that does not cost a ridiculous amount of money!

I really hope that everything settles soon.

I used to love Seagate's drives. However, at this point, I am starting to think that I need to switch to Samsung after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment