April 11, 2010

Ouch, again

So, last week at Bujinkan I re-injured my left leg.

Years ago I was being stupid and dropped into a full-front split without warming up at all in order to show off. When I did that I tore the muscle in my left leg. It has bothered me over the years. But I thought it was ok.

It turns out that it was NOT ok! I went to practice last week without warming up or stretching. I was fine until a short break that I decided to stretch and went too fast into a stretch and re-tore the injured spot in my leg. I felt it pop.

I wrapped it with a bandage for a few nights and thought it was mostly ok.

Today, however, we were practicing something pretty strenuous and I managed to injure it again.

I put some cold water, in a bottle, on the injured spot and I will have to wrap it again. I read some things about healing scar tissue using massage. It seems I need to start rubbing my thigh every night to get rid of the scar tissue and remove this long-term problem.

It is funny to think that I injured it when trying to show off and it is coming back to haunt me even after 7 years. There is a moral to that story!

No comments:

Post a Comment