April 25, 2010

Well, damn

Ok, so this has been a strange weekend.

First, we drove to Penang on Thursday night. We went to immigration and got my visa, but they have not given me the work part because I need an "offer" letter from my company. We have to go back later and get that.

Second, Siew is remaining in Penang until after she gives birth and possibly a month after that for her "maternity" month. Around the time that she is to give birth I am taking a couple of weeks off from work so I can try to be there when she goes into labor.

Third, I drove back home and unloaded things. I went to change something on the wireless and found that the pc has developed a problem. The problematic 1.5 TB harddrive is showing a BAD status for S.M.A.R.T. which most likely means this drive is going to fail, very soon.

To combat that failure I just made a backup of data and have contacted, hopefully, the person who called me from Seagate to follow-up on my very bad experiences with their drives recently.

I am going to be going to class soon, even though I am damned tired. Maybe that will help me settle my mind a bit with everything else that's going on.

It is going to be weird sleeping alone for the next few months or so. Siew and I have not been apart longer than 1 night (2 different times) since we got married. I know that she is feeling worried and nervous, and it is not helped that I am far from her.

Hopefully her mother and sister can hold their tongues while she is at their house. If they cannot they will probably hate and be frightened of me for the rest of their lives.

Ok, I have to get going. I need to stretch and change and go to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment