September 13, 2011

I'm not dead yet!

Ok, so, I know, I have not been writing here at all recently.

Those of you who are in the know, know that I have kept Felix's blog updated, to some degree or another, with videos, but I have not been good about my own blog!

Ummm, what to tell?

Let's see, Siew and I are working on buying our apartment. That is going to increase our monthly expenses, but the money is then going into an asset, rather than into someone else's pockets.

I started working at a new job on Monday. I am now a full-time employee of a local college as an English teacher. I am still working at the Korean-owned center in the evenings and am also trying to get my own students.

Ultimately, I would like to have my own students rather than working for someone else. I can earn more that way, and have a lot more flexibility. However I need to have a stable income, more so with the boy and with the house. The best way to stabilize things right now is to have a full-time job. I actually will get benefits from a company for the first time since I left Charter in 2007!

These changes have added pressure to Siew, Felix, and me. I have to get up earlier in the morning, walk to the LRT, get on the train, ride to the right station, get off, walk to work. Then I work at the college from 9-4. Promptly at 4, I rush out the door, get on the train, ride to another station, get off, and find Siew. Then she drives me to work where I teach for 2 hours and then we can all go home. I hope these changes are ok for her and for Felix.

On the plus side of this all, I get off work earlier on Fridays, as well as the benefits which means I get holidays off AND paid!

I hope everything can become more and more stable for us. I want to provide the best I can for my family. I will do what I can to make that happen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really inspired with your writing skills and also with the format for your weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it's rare to peer
    a nice weblog like this one nowadays..

    my web blog BTC Robot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done anything with this blog in so very long. After Felix was born I was just too busy and or too lazy to do anything with it!
    The theme was a free one from Blogger that I modified only slightly.
    Thanks for the very nice comment!

    ReplyDelete